“Beating the odds, kidney transplants make dreams attainable again. Embrace the power of possibility.”
With the help of Kidney Transplant Treatment in India, unleash the power of transformation. A radical solution that inspires optimism and beats the odds. This ground-breaking treatment gives people a second chance at life, transforming poverty into abundance and hopelessness into energy. Accepting the wonders ahead as a kidney transplant reveals a future replete with limitless opportunities.
To know more about Kidney Transplant Treatment, read the below content.
(People Also Like To Read: Considering Cosmetic Surgery in Dubai? Know Your Options)
What are Kidneys?
The kidneys are two bean-shaped organs on each side of the spine just below the rib cage. Each is about the size of our fist. Their primary function is to filter and remove waste, minerals, and fluid from the blood by producing urine.
When kidneys lose this filtering power or ability, harmful levels of waste and fluids accumulate in the body, raising blood pressure and resulting in kidney failure. This failure of the kidney is also known as end-stage renal disease. The end-stage renal disease occurs when kidneys lose their 90% ability to function normally.
What is Kidney Transplant?
When kidney loses its ability to function normally, then doctors suggest us to do kidney transplant surgery.
A kidney transplant is a surgery in which we place a healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor into a person whose kidneys are not functioning correctly. The donated is connected to the person’s blood vessels and the bladder during the surgery.
The recipient needs Immunosuppressive drugs after the transplant to stop their immune system from rejecting the new kidney. Regular medical follow-up and monitoring are necessary to ensure the donated kidney operates well and handles potential issues.
Causes of Kidney Transplant
Some of the common causes that may lead to the need for a kidney transplant:
- Chronic Kidney Disease: The kidneys gradually lose their ability with chronic renal disease. Diabetes, hypertension, glomerulonephritis, and polycystic kidney disease are the leading causes of chronic kidney disease.
- Diabetes: Diabetes that is long-lasting affects the body’s ability to control blood sugar levels. Uncontrolled diabetes over time can harm the kidneys’ blood vessels and nephrons, which can result in kidney failure.
- Hypertension: Long-term high blood pressure can harm kidney blood arteries, making them less able to perform their essential functions. This may eventually lead to renal failure.
- Glomerulonephritis: The term glomerulonephritis refers to the inflammation of the tiny kidney structures that purify blood.
- Inherited Conditions: Certain genetic disease, like polycystic kidney disease and Allport syndrome, can cause kidney damage and lead to kidney failure.
- Autoimmune Diseases: Kidney failure can be created by autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematous and lupus nephritis that tear down and burn the kidneys.
- Kidney Stones: In other circumstances, kidney failure can result from significant kidney damage brought on by renal failure or recurrent kidney stones or an obstruction in the urinary tract.
Symptoms of Kidney Transplant
Some symptoms that may arise after a kidney transplant:
Rejection Symptoms: The recipient’s immune system may recognize the transplanted kidney as foreign and attempt to attack it. Signs of kidney rejection may include:
- Pain or tenderness over the transplant site
- Decreased urine output
- Swelling or fluid retention
- Elevated blood pressure
- Increased creatinine levels
Infection Symptoms: Immunosuppressive medications taken after a transplant can weaken the immune system, making the recipient more susceptible to infections. Symptoms of infection may include:
- Pain or tenderness in the transplant area
- Redness, warmth, or drainage at the surgical site
- Urinary tract infection symptoms
Surgical Complications: Following the transplant surgery, there can be potential complications related to the surgical procedure itself. These may include:
- Bleeding at the surgical site
- Blood clots
- Urinary complications
- Wound infection or poor wound healing
Side Effects of Medications: The immunosuppressive medications taken to prevent organ rejection can have various side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Weight gain
- Increased appetite
- Mood swings
- High blood pressure
- Increased susceptibility to infections
- Diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance
Diagnosis of Kidney Transplant
Below-mentioned are the diagnosis process:
Evaluation of the Recipient: The receiver has a comprehensive medical checkup to assess their general health and decide whether they are a good candidate for a kidney transplant. This evaluation typically includes:
- Medical history review
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Imaging studies
- Living Donor Evaluation
Crossmatching and Tissue Typing: To ensure compatibility between the recipient and potential donor(s), several tests are conducted, including:
- Blood typing
- Tissue typing
- Psychological and Social Evaluation
Risk Factors of Kidney Transplant
The risk factors of Kidney Transplant are divided into two categories that are short term complications and long term complications.
Short term complications
- Blood clot
- Narrowing of an artery
- Blocked ureter
- Urine leakage
- Acute rejection
Long term complications
- Increased risk of infection
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain
- Abdominal pain
- Extra hair growth
- Swollen gums
- Mood swings
(You Might Also Like To Read: Top 10 Knee Replacement Surgery Hospitals in India)
Kidney Transplant treatment in India
Kidney transplantation is an acknowledged and popular medical procedure in India. Patients travel worldwide to India because of its well-deserved reputation for offering high-quality healthcare at reasonable prices. The following are some significant elements of kidney transplant therapy in India:
- Medical Expertise: India has highly skilled and experienced transplant surgeons and nephrologists who have received education and training from renowned institutions globally. Many Indian hospitals and medical centers have state-of-the-art infrastructure and advanced technology to ensure successful kidney transplant surgeries.
- Cost Advantage: One of the main reasons why many international patients choose India for kidney transplant treatment is the cost advantage. The total cost of kidney transplantation in India is comparatively lower than in other countries like the United States, the United Kingdom, or Australia. This covers the price of the surgery, hospital stay, pre-transplant testing, and post-operative care.
- Accredited Hospitals: India boasts several internationally accredited hospitals and transplant centers that adhere to rigorous quality standards. These facilities maintain high patient safety and care levels, ensuring optimal outcomes for kidney transplant procedures.
- Minimal Waiting Time: In countries with organ transplant waiting lists, the waiting time for a suitable kidney donor can be pretty long. In India, the waiting time for a kidney transplant is relatively shorter due to the availability of living-related donors, paired exchange programs, and deceased donor transplantation programs.
- Post-Transplant Care: Post-operative care and follow-up are essential for a kidney transplant’s long-term success. To protect the health of the patient and the transplanted kidney, Indian hospitals often offer complete post-transplant care, including drugs, routine check-ups, and support services.
- Tourism Opportunities: India’s rich cultural heritage and diverse tourist attractions offer an added advantage to international patients seeking kidney transplant treatment. During their stay, patients and their families can explore the country’s scenic beauty, historical landmarks, and traditional arts and culture, making it a holistic experience.
Kidney Transplant Treatment Cost in India
The cost of kidney transplant treatment in India generally ranges between USD 12000 – USD 16000.
Top 10 Hospitals for Kidney Treatment in India
- Max Hospital Shalimar bagh
- Fortis Hospital Noida
- Apollo Hospitals, Bannerghatta
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Lilavati Hospital And Research Center
- Jaypee Hospital Noida
- Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital
- Medanta The Medicity, Gurugram
- Gleneagles Global Hospitals
- Care Institute Of Medical Sciences
Choose GoMedii for Kidney Transplant Treatment in India
If you are looking for kidney transplant treatment in India, you are at the right place and time! Trust GoMedii with your treatment; we assure you of a top-notch, hassle-free process.
We have tie-ups with one of India’s most reputed hospitals to get you the best treatment at an affordable cost. Furthermore, to avail of our packages, You Can Contact us on our Website and WhatsApp (+91 9654030724) or call us at 9599004811. Additionally, you can also email us at email@example.com. Our team will respond to you on a priority basis.
Feel free to drop your queries through this form. Our team of experts will contact you!
(People Also Like To Read: Where To Get Ankle Synovitis Treatment In India?)
Disclaimer: GoMedii is a recognized and a considerate healthcare platform which tends to connect every dot of the healthcare needs and facilities. GoMedii facilitates the accessibility of all health news, health tips, and information from the Health experts and Doctors to the eyes of readers. All of the information and facts mentioned in the GoMedii Blog are thoroughly examined and verified by the Doctors and Health Experts, elsewise source of information is confirmed for the same.
About GoMedii: GoMedii is a Healthcare Technology Platform That Works Out Your Treatment / Surgery the Way You Need & Plan. A Treatment partner that simplifies the patient journey at every step. Drop Your Queries for the most affordable & world-class treatment options.You may simply download the GoMedii app for Android or iOS.