Delhi: National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the information bulletin for Post Diploma Centralized Entrance Test (DNB-PDCET) 2023.
Detailed schedule –
1. Online Submission of Applications – 10th March 2023 (3 PM Onwards) to 30th March 2023 (Till 11:55 PM)
2. Edit Window for All Payment Success Applications – 3rd April 2023 to 5th April 2023
3. Window to rectify Deficient/Incorrect Images/Signatures/Thumb Impression – 10th April 2023 to 12th April 2023
4. Issue of Admit Card – 18th April 2023
5. Examination Date – 23rd April 2023
6. Declaration of Result – By 22nd May 2023
7. Cut-off date for qualifying for the final examination of PG Medical Diploma qualification towards eligibility for DNBPDCET 2023 – 28th February 2023
DNB-PDCET 2023 is the ranking examination for admission to various Post Diploma DNB courses of the 2023 admission session. The National Board of Examinations will conduct it in Medical Sciences on a computer-based platform. Verification of the candidates’ documents will be undertaken during the counseling/ admission process.
Appearance in DNB-PDCET 2023 does not confer any automatic rights to secure a Post Diploma DNB seat in a National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences accredited hospital/institute. Candidates should ensure that all the information entered during the online submission of the application form is correct and factual.
Application for DNB-PDCET 2023 can only be submitted online through the NBEMS websites https://nbe.edu.in and https://natboard.edu.in. A candidate can submit DNB-PDCET 2023 application form only once. Any candidate found to have submitted more than one application form for DNB-PDCET 2023 may be debarred from DNB-PDCET. The candidature will be canceled, and further action as deemed appropriate by NBEMS will be taken.
Candidates who fail to submit duly completed applications with requisite documents and/or fail to rectify the deficiencies in their applications by the last date prescribed for rectification shall be declared ineligible. Applications of candidates producing false or fabricated records will not be considered, and such candidates will be further debarred from appearing in future examinations of NBEMS.
The process of online application –
1. New User Registration: All candidates desirous of applying for DNB-PDCET 2023 must create an online profile of themselves to generate a UserID and Password.
2. Applicant Login: This User ID and Password will allow the candidate to log in as an applicant for DNB-PDCET 2023 session and register an online application. The “Go To Application” link will allow the applicant to continue with the application submission immediately after user creation.
3. If the Login password is lost, it can be retrieved by clicking “Forgot Your Password.”
4. The candidates need to fill in the name of the Candidate, Gender and Date of Birth, Nationality, Email ID, Mobile No, etc.
5. The UserID/Application ID and password so generated will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID for future records.
6. The index page of DNB-PDCET 2023 at NBEMS website https://nbe.edu.in provides a quick link, “Already Registered? To login”. The online application form for DNB-PDCET 2023 can be accessed through this quick link after successfully creating the User ID.
7. The candidate can log in using their User ID and Password.
8. The application submission process can be completed either in a single sitting or in multiple sittings.
9. An acknowledgment email will be sent to the registered email ID confirming the submission of an application by the candidate.
The candidates will have to pay Rs 5000 as the exam fee. The fee can be paid online using a Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or other modes as available and provided on the web page. Fee cannot be deposited through any mode other than the payment gateway available while submitting the online application form submission.
The fee will neither be carried forward to future exams nor refunded under any circumstances. Examination fees for candidates who are absent or have been declared ineligible due to any reason will be forfeited. Application, once submitted, cannot be withdrawn.
The candidates should ensure that the payment made for the examination fee is successful. Confirmation of the same can be seen in the application form under payment status reflected as “S” (for successful). The application submission process is not completed till such time the status of the payment is reflected as “s” in the application form.
Before applying for the examination, candidates should ensure that their PG Medical Diploma Qualification is recognized as per provisions of the NMC Act 2019 and the Indian Medical Council Act. If it is found at any time that PG Medical Diploma Qualification is not recognized, the candidature/result of the candidate will be canceled/ deemed to be canceled.
Registration with the NMC/ the erstwhile Medical Council of India or State Medical Council is necessary. The candidates should furnish documentary proof on the examination day and during counseling/admission.
NBEMS itself does not edit /modify/alter any information entered by the candidates at the time of online submission of the application form under any circumstances. There is no provision to access the application form to make any changes to the information provided in the application form after the closure of the edit window.
NBEMS reserves the right to withdraw permission, if any, granted inadvertently to any candidate who is not eligible to appear in the DNB-PDCET 2023 Examinations even though the admit card/roll number has been issued or name/roll number is displayed on the NBEMS website.
Eligibility Criteria –
1. Candidates who have passed the final examination leading to the award of a Post Graduate Diploma from Indian Universities duly recognized as per provisions of the NMC Act 2019 and the repealed Indian Medical Council Act 1956 can apply.
2. The final examination result for the said Post Graduate Diploma qualification should have been declared on or before 28 February 2023. The candidates must submit proof /documentary evidence that establishes that the final examination result for their Post Graduate Diploma qualification was declared on or before the cut-off date, i.e., 28th February 2023.
Ineligibility Criteria –
1. Candidates already pursuing an MD/ MS/DNB course are not eligible to appear for DNB-PDCET until they have completed the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course. This will be irrespective of their resignation or discontinuation from the course due to any reason.
2. Candidates possessing Diploma qualifications awarded by the College of Physicians and Surgeons (CPS), Mumbai, other than DPB, DCH, and DGO are NOT eligible to apply for DNB-PDCET in line with the clarification received from the Govt of India vide MoHFW letter No C.18018/11/2021-MEP dated 30.04.2021.
Edit Window –
Candidates who have successfully submitted their payment for the application during the application submission window shall only be allowed to edit their applications from 3rd April 2023 to 5th April 2023. No new application can be registered, or payment can be made during the edit window.
Final Edit Window –
Deficiency related to images uploaded (photograph, Signature, Thumb Impression) shall be intimated to the concerned candidates. The same can be corrected during the final edit window, i.e., from 10th April 2023 to 12th April 2023. No further opportunity will be given to make corrections. Failure to submit images as per guidelines and/or failure to rectify the images will invite rejection of the application.
Deficiency related to documents uploaded (Proof of possessing PG Medical Diploma Qualification, Proof of recognition of PG Medical Diploma Qualification as per provisions of NMC Act, etc.) can be rectified by 12th April 2023. The list of candidates will be published on the NBEMS website who would fail to rectify the deficiencies in their documents even by 12th April 2023 will open an online window from 14th April to 16th April 2023, giving a final opportunity to submit documents that are deficient in the application. No further opportunity will be given.
Admit card –
Admit cards will not be issued to candidates who are declared ineligible before the conduct of the examination. In such cases, the entire fee will be forfeited. Admit Cards for DNB-PDCET 2023 will be available to download at the NBEMS website https://nbe.edu.in from 18th April 2023 onwards.
1. DNB-PDCET 2023 will be conducted in a single day & single session as a computer-based examination on 23rd April 2023.
2. The level of the questions will be at the Post Diploma exit examination in the concerned specialty. The examination will comprise multiple choice questions (MCQs) delivered as a computer-based test (CBT).
3. The examination will be a multiple choice questions test delivered using a computer network (CBT) per the prescribed scheme.
4. Each question will only have 4 response options/distractors in English. Candidates must select the correct/best/most appropriate response/ answer out of the 4 response options provided in each question.
5. There will be 120 MCQs in each question paper from the concerned specialty covering the curriculum relevant to the Diploma specialty.
6. Total time allotted shall be 120 minutes.
7. Marking Scheme: Allocation of marks for each MCQ shall be as follows – Correct Response – 4 Marks, Incorrect Response – 1 Mark shall be deducted, and un-attempted Question – Zero
8. There will be a 25% negative marking for incorrect answers.
9. Possession/ Use of mobile phones/Electronic devices are strictly prohibited on the premises of NBEMS Test Centres.
10. Candidates will be liable for penal action for Possession/ Use of Mobile phones/ Electronic devices.
11. A demo test shall be available for candidates to familiarize themselves with the Computer Based Test format at the website https://nbe.edu.in Candidates can access the Demo test tentatively from 15th April 2023 onwards.
Exam timings –
1. Allow Candidates to enter the examination center and Commence Registration for the test – at 07:00 AM
2. Entry closes at Examination Center – at 08:30 AM
3. Grant access for Candidate Login – 08:45 AM
4. Candidates log in to read instructions – 08:50 AM
5. Exam Start Time – 09:00 AM
6. Exam End Time – 11:00 AM
Overview of Computer-Based Test –
1. Online Application Form Submission
2. Demo Test (At NBEMS Website)
3. Issuance Admit Cards
4. Reporting at Test Centre on Schedule Date &Time
5. Security Check-in Process
6. Registration for Test + Face ID & Biometric Capture
7. During Exam FaceID/Biometric Verification
8. Examination Begins
9. Examination Ends
The result for DNB-PDCET 2023 will be declared by 22nd May 2023. The result will be available at the NBEMS websites https://nbe.edu.in and https://natboard.edu.in.
Registration for DNB-PDCET 2023 at the time of counseling to be conducted by the designated counseling authority will be per the details of candidates submitted in the NBEMS DNB-PDCET 2023 Application Form. It will be pre-populated in the Registration Form for counseling. Hence, candidates are advised to maintain their same Registration details, e.g., mobile number, Email ID, etc., as provided in the NBEMS DNB-PDCET 2023 application form.
To view the notice, click on the link below –