How cute is this tiger hug bookmark? It’s the perfect companion to hold your place in your book – while looking adorable all the time!
When parents think about ways to encourage their children to read, they often focus on the genre of the book, or the pictures. While those are certainly important considerations, I’d like to point out another way – cute bookmarks!
Admit it, when you see a fun little bookmark popping out of your book, you feel more tempted to pick it up, don’t you? If adults can feel this way, think about how effective this can be with kids. Such an easy way to get them to pick up books more often!
That’s why we’re bringing you an adorable little tiger hug bookmark that’s just too cute for words! And if you’re using a tiger bookmark, why not check out some books about tigers too?
Kids’ Books about Tigers
So are you ready to make your very own tiger bookmark? Let’s go!
- Craft paper in different colors
- Markers or Sharpies
How to make the Tiger Hug Bookmark:
1. Download and print the tiger hug bookmark template. The template contains parts of the tiger including head, body, belly, eyes, ears, mouth, stripe, paws and tail.
2. Trace the parts of the tiger hug bookmark on craft paper of the appropriate colors and cut them out. You can use yellow or orange for the tiger – or both!
3. Let’s start by assembling our cute little tiger’s face. Stick the pink inner ears in the right position on the tiger’s head.
4. Stick the long triangle-shaped stripe down the middle of the tiger’s head, with the narrower edge facing down. Let this color be different from the base color of the tiger hug bookmark, so that it stands out.
5. Stick the tiger’s white mouth piece below the triangle stripe.
6. Use glue to attach the eyes on either side of the central stripe.
7. Take out your black marker and draw a little button nose, a mouth and some spots. Your tiger hug bookmark is beginning to look cute!
8. What’s a tiger without his stripes, right? So use that black marker to draw some stripes on the edges of the tiger’s face. Don’t overdo it, or your tiger hug bookmark will look all weird!
9. Let’s put aside the head and move on to the tiger’s body. Stick the tummy piece on the bottom of the tiger’s body.
10. Time for more stripes! Draw some stripes with the black marker on the tiger’s body, paws and tail. Keep the stripes short so they look neat.
11. Apply glue on the two sides of the tiger’s body, and stick the paws. Remember to stick only the edges of the paws, leaving the ends loose.
12. Apply some glue on the narrow end of the tiger’s tail and stick it to the back of the tiger hug bookmark.
13. It’s time to put everything together! Attach the head to the body of the tiger hug bookmark and voila – you’re done!
14. To use the bookmark, insert the edge of the page between the tiger’s paws and his body, so it looks like the tiger is ‘hugging’ the page.
Now tell me if you’ve ever seen cuter tigers than the guys in this tiger hug bookmark craft? And no, you don’t necessarily need a book about tigers to use them – they’ll work for any book of your choice!
If you liked this craft, you may also like these DIY hug bookmarks: